29 January 2007

The Human Highlight Film


As a child, my earliest sports memories are of the National Basketball Association's Atlanta Hawks and Major League Baseball's Atlanta Braves. On these teams, two men were my sports idols. Dominique Wilkins was, in my opinion, the greatest basketball player "in the world." Likewise, Dale Murphy was my favorite baseball player. Many years later, these men still hold a place in my imagination. They have been joined by five others: the University of Georgia's Herschel Walker (American football), the San Antonio Spurs' George "the Iceman" Gervin, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Larry Bird, and, of course, Michael Jordan.

Of all these players, Dominique Wilkins stands above the rest. As long as I live, he will be remembered as my original "hometown hero."

To download multimedia of Dominique, visit tribute2nique.net.

No comments: