04 March 2008

William F. Buckley, Junior

On A.D. 2008 February 27, William F. Buckley, Jr. died in his home in Stamford, Connecticut, United States of America. To be honest, I know of Buckley more for the attention surrounding his death than his life. Ironically, the first and only time that I remember listening to him speak was on "Charlie Rose," sometime in the past six months. At the time, all I knew about him was that he was a "Conservative political strategist." As it turns out, that was only half true. From the articles I read, Buckley seemed to have been an aristocratic, Socratic, party animal. At that same time, he is with credited with single-handedly making Conservatism a respected political ideology.

After reading so much about Buckley, I wanted to type a few ideas that I have been thinking about. In the coming days, I plan on putting at least three of these ideas on screen.

No comments: