24 October 2006

Another day at the office...

Currently, I'm sitting at my desk, in my cubicle, in what amounts to a long hallway with no windows. To say I'm bored would be an understatement. I was going to go home at noon today, but my boss called (ironically, from her home; she's SUPPOSED to be off of work today) and loaded me down with more papers to rearrange. So, as I wait to hear back from her, I decided to vent a little frustration.

Did God really intend for us to live like this? As a historian, it is interesting to note the steady decline in leisure time, freedom, and equality since humans stopped hunting and gathering. True, there has been an increase in both health and affluence, but I think I'd trade those things for less "industrial" stress...

...I came upon the blog RightForScotland earlier. It's the political blog of a "centre of right" commentator from Glasgow. It's interesting to read the thoughts of a similarly-aged but Scottish male. There was a lot of rhetoric in his posts, and I received the impression that he supports the kind of social and working conditions that existed around the turn of the century...

Regarding this blog, I am pulled in multiple directions. I have considered focusing on one of two areas: politics or gardening. However, I am leaning toward writing about a variety of topics (including those that I mentioned). Undoubtedly, any political commentary would alienate some readers. Still, part of the point of this blog is to vent my frustrations, triumphs, joys, and sorrows. I doubt if a direction will soon be established, and I welcome your thoughts on the issue.

No comments: