23 May 2007

My sister's wedding


Magnolia Terrace, the site of my sister's wedding.

As indicated in the previous post, I attended my sister's wedding last weekend. It took place on Saturday (19 May A.D. 2007) outside of Helen, Georgia, United States of America. My wife and I drove to Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania on Wednesday night, and made it to my mother's place in John's Creek, Georgia before 22:00 on Thursday.

On Friday I visited with my mother's side of my long-lost family. It was great to see cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents that I hadn't seen in years. In fact, I hadn't even seen my mother since last June.

On Saturday we attended the wedding, which was very tasteful. It was there that I saw my father's side of my long-lost family.

My wife and I drove back to the Finger Lakes on Sunday. Incredibly, we were never stopped in traffic. It was the first time that had happened in half a dozen trips. Consequently, we were able to make it home in one 15-hour day!

No comments: